I made these delicious pancakes this morning. It’s a nice variation on a classic pancake recipe- coconut and lemon to blueberry pancakes. Serve with butter and maple syrup. These pancakes are a little thicker so you can add an extra splash of milk (2 tbsp) if you prefer a thinner pancake. Makes about 10 pancakes.
- 3/4 cups light coconut milk
- 1/4 cup milk (we used rice milk)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp coconut extract (optional)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- Combine everything up to the flour into a bowl, stir to combine.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder, and baking soda and stir until just combined, some lumps are okay.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Cook over medium heat in a lightly buttered frying pan, 2 minutes on one side and 2 minutes on the other.
This cake just came out of the oven as my breakfast, about 2pm. Worth the wait though. Served warm with soy vanilla ice cream, it was fantastic.
This bundt cake is from Veganomicon. I substituted a half cup of spelt flour in with the all purpose flour, cut the sugar down to 1 cup and added about a 1 – 1.5 cups of fresh blueberries.