I made these delicious pancakes this morning. It’s a nice variation on a classic pancake recipe- coconut and lemon to blueberry pancakes. Serve with butter and maple syrup. These pancakes are a little thicker so you can add an extra splash of milk (2 tbsp) if you prefer a thinner pancake. Makes about 10 pancakes.
- 3/4 cups light coconut milk
- 1/4 cup milk (we used rice milk)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp coconut extract (optional)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- Combine everything up to the flour into a bowl, stir to combine.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder, and baking soda and stir until just combined, some lumps are okay.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Cook over medium heat in a lightly buttered frying pan, 2 minutes on one side and 2 minutes on the other.