We’ve made this recipe a couple times and really like it. It’s more like a chartreuse than a gin, but it’s still really good in a gin and tonic. Plus you can change around the recipe according to your tastes. We put together this recipe based on a few others that we found online, but every time we’ve made it we’ve changed it a little bit. Ingredients
- 1 cup vodka
- 2 Tbl Juniper berries (divided)
- 4″ peel grapefruit
- 1″ sprig rosemary
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 small piece of anise star
- 3 green cardamom pods
- 4 black whole peppercorns
- 2 allspice berries
- 1 small bay leaf
- 3 dried chamomile flowers
- Crush 1/2 Tbl of the juniper berries and combine with 1/2 Tbl of whole juniper berries in a glass jar with the vodka and let sit overnight (covered in dark place).
- Add the rest of the ingredients, including the rest of the juniper berries and let infuse in a dark place, covered, at room temperature for 24 hours.
- Strain the mixture through a cheesecloth or coffee filter.